Thursday, October 28, 2010

made by me: petal tote


Loooove tote bags! Of all types! Including this burlap one I found for $1.25! Probably the best feature of it is it's plainness as it provides a blank canvas which I got to transform! The total cost for this project is almost shamefully low!
I think this sort of design would also look great made from different colored felt, or any other material you can get your hands on that doesn't fray! Fraying would just make it way too difficult as you'd have to stitch around each petal to ensure it doesn't fray completely away! Other materials used were textile glue, sharp fabric scissors, and a pen to outline the petals so that you can get them all relatively even.
I'd love to hear what you think! And if you have any projects of your own you'd like to share, I'd be happy to feature them! just leave your contact info in the comment section below, or contact me directly on my email!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...