Monday, November 8, 2010

Made by Me

Thought I'd share this little project, as I'm currently undecided on whether to list it on my Etsy shop. Thoughts?

As far as tutorial for this project I don't have pictures of the materials, because I wasn't quite sure how it would turn out (now I'm kicking myself for that because really a couple of shots wouldn't have been an issue). But here's a brief run-through:
1. Measure on a piece of paper the size and shape of the top piece of fabric which is directly attached to the enclosure. This will serve as a pattern based on which you will add about half an inch all the way around and cut your fabric.
2. Choose fabric that's both sturdy, and yet not too rough because you want it to have some flow.
3. Once you've cut the top pieces (one for the front and one for the back) measure on a piece of paper the bottom part of the purse by drawing a large enough circular shape that would allow you to create the pleats and still be wide enough to be sewn to the bottom edge of the first piece of fabric , attached to the enclosure; based on the paper pattern, make a sample using a muslin or any fabric you won't need, just to make sure it's the look you wanted.
4. Once you've sewn all the pieces together, you can make the lining (I chose a bright fuchsia fabric to add a pop of color!) using the paper patterns!
5. Add on any embellishments such as beads, sequins, buttons (like the vintage one I used for the center!:)) or experiment with stitches, felt shapes, etc.

Hope this isn't too confusing!If you have any questions, be sure to contact me via email or in the comments below!
Also, just a reminder- if you would like to share some DIYs of your own please feel free to contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...