Wednesday, December 15, 2010

daily start-up



I love, love, love summer, and especially going to the beach during the summer! One of my favorite things to do when I'm on vacation somewhere beachy, it to collect sea shells and sea rocks, and other sea-related 'treasures' (think broken peaces of glass that has been softened by the salt water!lol) I can get my hands on while strolling around. I even get friends to bring me sea shells from places they've visited...so, as a result I have an extensive collection of sea shells and such, which I love dearly!

During the summer months I put the collection to good use, as decoration around my home. However, as the weather reminds me daily, summer's long gone now, so as I was ready to put all of the shells and rocks away, I thought of a way to keep them around even as the seasons change!

I found this great glass jar, and couldn't resist filling it up with something pretty (that's become a tendency for me lately...but not yet a problem,lol)! So, I added some cream colored lace trim, stacked some sea rocks, a few shells and other bits, and viola! To Christmasize it a bit more, I added a pretty, gold trimmed bow on top!

2 comments:

  1. I love picking colored broken glasses...

    The ones my father used to pick up and give to me when we go to the beach:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's a sweet memory, Ann!
    When I was a kid, I always imagined they were jewels, so I would keep them in a 'secret' box, lol (I actually still have one of those and it's filled with little pieces of glass!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...