Wednesday, November 24, 2010

daily start-up

I love old photographs! There's just something so appealing about them. Naturally, whenever I get a chance to browse through vintage pictures at garage sales, antique markets, or just my grandparents' old photo albums, I get pretty excited!

A couple of years ago my brother found this website -www.stara-sofia.com which features hundreds, nay, thousands of amazing vintage photographs, postcards, and maps, from all the way back to early 19th century !

This one is of a downtown street in Sofia (my hometown). The street today appears even tinier considering there are roughly half a million too many cars in the city, that it can handle (picture columns of parked cars on each side of that street!).
More to come in the coming weeks :)
(including some AWESOME postcards!!! ...can you tell I'm excited just writing about them?!)

credits: www.stara-sofia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...