Thursday, April 21, 2011

better late than never

The lovely Sarah of 'Just Take a Bow' tagged me in a blog activity a little while ago and now that I've got the majority of exams out of the way (yey!) I feel I can finally take the time to participate! The goal is basically to get bloggers to share a bit about themselves, and more specifically, about 10 things they like. As a participant, you link back to whoever tagged you, you share 10 things you like, and then you tag several bloggers to do the same.

So, without further ado, here are some of the things I like/love:

1. Traveling.
I realize it's a pretty common thing to like (because it's awesome and what's not to love about it!?) but I just couldn't not mention it! I've been so blessed to have had numerous opportunities to visit beautiful places with some of the people dearest to me, and I only hope to continue that way. (Next up -a little trip to Holland with some pretty great people= can hardly contain my excitement!)

2. Drawing/doodling.
Anyone who knows me even a little bit, knows this about me: I'm a proud doodler. I love to doodle and sometimes those doodles look more like actual drawings (that usually happens at the most random times such as during economics lectures, after finishing an exam and having a bit of time left, or basically whenever I probably should be doing something else).

3. Arts & Crafts.
A pretty broad category, I know, but I really do love a lot of different arts and crafts. In fact, I've yet to try one that I don't enjoy. Print making, beading, crocheting, sewing, you name it, I probably already love doing it!

4. Swimming.
I used to do a lot more of it, a lot more often, and I definitely miss it. It's by far my favorite type of exercise because I love how light I feel in water (random, but true) and I love that you can work out pretty much every muscle in your body without getting all sweaty!

5. The orange-y light around sunset.
It's just so warm and it always reminds me of long, sunny, summer days (even when it happens in the winter!)

6. Jewelry making.
That's kind of a given I guess, since I've posted quite a few of my handmade necklaces on this blog, but it's definitely worth the mention. I'm not sure why but I find it very relaxing, so I pretty much always have some beads around in case I feel like making something.

7. Learning new things.
Could be some fun facts, historical events, new ways to do something, a language, or just about anything really. I've been very fortunate to have had some amazing teachers in my life, who have definitely inspired my spirit of learning, so to speak.

8. Fruit salads.
I just love fruit in general, but add some honey, sprinkle some almond & oats, and maybe some yogurt and you've just made me a meal!

9. Thrift and antique shopping/garage sale-ing.
Love finding unique, one of kind type pieces for my home, for really neat gift ideas, or for my wardrobe for real low cheap. That being said, I'm terrified of hoarding so I do try to be careful with the amount of stuff I purchase, regardless of how cheap I could get it all for. All in all, it's definitely a fun way to 'treasure hunt' and I have had some great success.

10. Awesome family and friends.
I know this is a given, but I had to mention it anyways. I'm eternally grateful for the truly amazing family and friends I have.

If you made it through this rather lengthy post, give yourself a pat on the back :) Now that you know a little more about what kind of things I like, you might be interested to check out Sarah's post, as well as the following bloggers (who I'm 'tagging' next!):

Angela of Love at First Shoe
Christine of Work it
L of Logic & Lemondrops
Leah of Little Red Purse
Steffy of Steffy's Pros and Cons
Louise of Fifth Sparrow
Charlotte of Virginia Rose
Becky of Sunflower City

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad exams are winding down and you had a chance to do this. I'm gonna reply to them all, hence the list.

    1. I'm kinda jealous that you've been to cool places. Happy for you, but jealous. I will eventually get my chance to see the world, but not yet.

    2. That is some hardcore doodling. It looks cool. I can't draw anything. At all. Ever.

    3. Heck yes.

    4. I'm going on family vacation to a lake very soon. I think I was born to be in the water.

    5. I never considered that before, but you're right. It's gorgeous and warm and wonderful.

    6. You've actually made me want to try my hand at making a bib necklace, but we will see how that goes, won't we?

    7. YES. Why do you think I'm taking so many classes (rhetorical--I don't think you even know that about me)?! Learning rocks my socks.

    8. I love fruitses and vegetableses.

    9. I can't type the word "yes" enough to express my agreement. I need to find some new, exciting places 'round here, though.

    10. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! For tagging me and for commenting! this was really fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so crafty and talented! I envy your jewelry making abilities!

    Thanks for tagging me in this! I'm excited to do my own version of 10 things I like :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...